ROCK ON Megaman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

got some tips for get high ranks?

5 posters

Go down

got some tips for get high ranks? Empty got some tips for get high ranks?

Post  JLLC the MegaTuga Wed May 07, 2008 10:09 am

its kinda difficult get S ranks to this game... have you some tips?
i don't have
JLLC the MegaTuga
JLLC the MegaTuga

Back to top Go down

got some tips for get high ranks? Empty Re: got some tips for get high ranks?

Post  Shuryou' Wed May 07, 2008 11:05 am

high ranks? it depends on which Zero game you're playing. but here's what I know

Zero 1 - I really don't have tips on this but all I can say is, "Practice makes Perfect". meaning keep on dying until you don't get hit.
Zero 2 - any fav forms u like? then use that form for every stage (well not every, just almost every), keep the Elf usage low. again, practice makes perfect!
Zero 3 - the Recoil rod works wonders here. abuse Fusion elves as they don't reduce your rank!
Zero 4 - make your "R" button "Switch Weapon". I dunno why, but I like that. when confronted with lasers (like Weil and Craft's), use the right timing and Dash under the lasers. I think this sounded more like a tip than a high rank guide Shocked

well, if you have any questions, you can always ask for help here! Very Happy
Shuryou'
Shuryou'

Back to top Go down

Post  JLLC the MegaTuga Sat May 10, 2008 6:31 am

Shuryou' wrote:high ranks? it depends on which Zero game you're playing. but here's what I know

Zero 1 - I really don't have tips on this but all I can say is, "Practice makes Perfect". meaning keep on dying until you don't get hit.
Zero 2 - any fav forms u like? then use that form for every stage (well not every, just almost every), keep the Elf usage low. again, practice makes perfect!
Zero 3 - the Recoil rod works wonders here. abuse Fusion elves as they don't reduce your rank!
Zero 4 - make your "R" button "Switch Weapon". I dunno why, but I like that. when confronted with lasers (like Weil and Craft's), use the right timing and Dash under the lasers. I think this sounded more like a tip than a high rank guide Shocked

well, if you have any questions, you can always ask for help here! Very Happy

well i have one... how i get the forms in Zero 2? i get the forms but i don't know why...
JLLC the MegaTuga
JLLC the MegaTuga

Back to top Go down

Post  Shuryou' Sun May 11, 2008 8:24 pm

from what I know, you can get forms by doing certain stuff in a mission (ex. like killing 20 enemies with a dashing slash)

here's the form criteria (note, you can only get 1 form PER STAGE, and you can't repeat a stage to get another form!):

Active Form - kill 20 enemies with a dashing slash. Active Form can make you do a Rolling Slash that can hit enemies multiple times.
Defense Form - kill 20 enemies with a charged Shield Boomerang. Defense Form boosts your defense rating ALOT.
Energy Form - obtain 25 HP capsules in a stage. Energy Form just makes capsules appear more frequently.
Erase Form - reflect 30 shots with the Shield Boomerang (the reflected shot has to hit though). The name sounds cool, but this form only lets you "Erase" normal enemy shots (hit the enemy shot with a saber, the shot dissapears)
Power Form - pull 30 things with your Chain Rod. Power Form raises your Attack rating ALOT, downside is you can only use the "final slash" in the Saber's 3-hit combo.
Rise Form - kill 20 enemies with a jump slash. Hold the "Up" button while doing the 3-hit combo so the 3rd slash is a Rising Slash that hits enemies both above and below.
X Form - kill 50 enemies with your buster. X Form makes your buster fire faster and hits stronger (hence its name).
Proto Form - complete the game once. Proto Form has high attack but very low defense.
Ultimate Form - ?????????????????
Shuryou'
Shuryou'

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevassa Mon May 12, 2008 2:10 am

Shuryou' wrote:from what I know, you can get forms by doing certain stuff in a mission (ex. like killing 20 enemies with a dashing slash)

here's the form criteria (note, you can only get 1 form PER STAGE, and you can't repeat a stage to get another form!):

Active Form - kill 20 enemies with a dashing slash. Active Form can make you do a Rolling Slash that can hit enemies multiple times.
Defense Form - kill 20 enemies with a charged Shield Boomerang. Defense Form boosts your defense rating ALOT.
Energy Form - obtain 25 HP capsules in a stage. Energy Form just makes capsules appear more frequently.
Erase Form - reflect 30 shots with the Shield Boomerang (the reflected shot has to hit though). The name sounds cool, but this form only lets you "Erase" normal enemy shots (hit the enemy shot with a saber, the shot dissapears)
Power Form - pull 30 things with your Chain Rod. Power Form raises your Attack rating ALOT, downside is you can only use the "final slash" in the Saber's 3-hit combo.
Rise Form - kill 20 enemies with a jump slash. Hold the "Up" button while doing the 3-hit combo so the 3rd slash is a Rising Slash that hits enemies both above and below.
X Form - kill 50 enemies with your buster. X Form makes your buster fire faster and hits stronger (hence its name).
Proto Form - complete the game once. Proto Form has high attack but very low defense.
Ultimate Form - ?????????????????

Ultimate form gives you everything XD
Kevassa
Kevassa
Admin

https://rockingonmegaman.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

got some tips for get high ranks? Empty cyber.elf...

Post  JLLC the MegaTuga Mon May 19, 2008 10:40 am

i heard of a special ctber-elf in this game (looks like its the Zero2 game that has most things), is it true? they say that if we get all the elfs adn finish the game, in the next game we will get anoter elf!
JLLC the MegaTuga
JLLC the MegaTuga

Back to top Go down

Post  Shuryou' Mon May 19, 2008 11:16 am

JLLC the MegaTuga wrote:i heard of a special ctber-elf in this game (looks like its the Zero2 game that has most things), is it true? they say that if we get all the elfs adn finish the game, in the next game we will get anoter elf!

whoever said that cr** was lying. how is it even possible to get all elves here then suddenly in Zero3, you get an uber-extra-ultra elf. wtf. Shocked
Shuryou'
Shuryou'

Back to top Go down

Post  JLLC the MegaTuga Tue May 20, 2008 9:06 am

Shuryou' wrote:whoever said that cr** was lying. how is it even possible to get all elves here then suddenly in Zero3, you get an uber-extra-ultra elf. wtf. Shocked
no i was talking about Zero2, we finish the game with all the elfs and when we start another game we get the special elf!
JLLC the MegaTuga
JLLC the MegaTuga

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevassa Tue May 20, 2008 9:45 am

JLLC the MegaTuga wrote:
Shuryou' wrote:whoever said that cr** was lying. how is it even possible to get all elves here then suddenly in Zero3, you get an uber-extra-ultra elf. wtf. Shocked
no i was talking about Zero2, we finish the game with all the elfs and when we start another game we get the special elf!
I am sure that in zero 1 you can do taht, but I am not so sure myself about Zero 2 ...
Kevassa
Kevassa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shuryou' Tue May 20, 2008 11:02 am

ohhh, now I know what you mean XD!
Shuryou'
Shuryou'

Back to top Go down

Post  andrern2000 Fri May 30, 2008 5:31 am

Push 3 buttons at once: Dash+Jump+Slash!! Very Happy
andrern2000
andrern2000

Back to top Go down

Post  Shuryou' Sat May 31, 2008 3:08 am

andrern2000 wrote:Push 3 buttons at once: Dash+Jump+Slash!! Very Happy

lol Very Happy
Shuryou'
Shuryou'

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevassa Sat May 31, 2008 12:02 pm

Maybe speedrunning levels help getting high status, while killing some enemies in the way, and not getting hit
Kevassa
Kevassa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  andrern2000 Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:42 am

Yeah, many Zero high level play is attained thru speed runs. Well, here are some from mine:
1. Memorise enemy positions.
2. Only do air attacks.
3. Always do dash jumps (not air dash, but ground dash, then you jump)

If you have trouble memorising enemies, ignore it. You can speed run with only 2 & 3.
andrern2000
andrern2000

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevassa Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:47 am

andrern2000 wrote:Yeah, many Zero high level play is attained thru speed runs. Well, here are some from mine:
2. Only do air attacks.

If you have trouble memorising enemies, ignore it. You can speed run with only 2 & 3.

Why only 2&3? :O
Kevassa
Kevassa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shuryou' Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:35 pm

Kevassa wrote:
andrern2000 wrote:Yeah, many Zero high level play is attained thru speed runs. Well, here are some from mine:
2. Only do air attacks.

2,3 and 4. not 1
Shuryou'
Shuryou'

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevassa Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:09 pm

Shuryou' wrote:
Kevassa wrote:
2. Only do air attacks.

2,3 and 4. not 1

Why not one?
Kevassa
Kevassa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  andrern2000 Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:09 am

Shuryou: You must be joking. There's no 4... Evil or Very Mad

Kevassa: well, you can do speed run without memorising enemies. If you do only 2 & 3, you'll eventually end up memorising enemies too. But if you're thinker type, you can memorise directly.. I'm too lazy to memorise eemies though, so I did 2 & 3 then I ended up memorising them.
andrern2000
andrern2000

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevassa Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:36 am

andrern2000 wrote:Shuryou: You must be joking. There's no 4... Evil or Very Mad

Kevassa: well, you can do speed run without memorising enemies. If you do only 2 & 3, you'll eventually end up memorising enemies too. But if you're thinker type, you can memorise directly.. I'm too lazy to memorise eemies though, so I did 2 & 3 then I ended up memorising them.
Uh what you mean "there is no 4" Surprised What about MMZ4 o.o
Kevassa
Kevassa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JLLC the MegaTuga Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:49 am

oh talking about MMZ4 you alredy know how to open the door in Wolfgang Blizzard mission?
if not i think this can work: will the enemy that is holding a card with the Z-knuckle and then use that in the door! oh and if you don't like that annoing efs you can shoo them away with a lamp (Z-knuckle again) its fun to see they run!
JLLC the MegaTuga
JLLC the MegaTuga

Back to top Go down

Post  Shuryou' Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:38 pm

JLLC the MegaTuga wrote:oh talking about MMZ4 you alredy know how to open the door in Wolfgang Blizzard mission?
if not i think this can work: will the enemy that is holding a card with the Z-knuckle and then use that in the door! oh and if you don't like that annoing efs you can shoo them away with a lamp (Z-knuckle again) its fun to see they run!

I never knew about the lamp and the elf O.O. but i do know about the 2nd subtank/card/door Very Happy
Shuryou'
Shuryou'

Back to top Go down

Post  andrern2000 Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:36 pm

Kevassa wrote:
Uh what you mean "there is no 4" Surprised What about MMZ4 o.o

I mean option 4. Not talking bout MMZ 2,3,4.
andrern2000
andrern2000

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuru Seed Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:22 am

I get A or S rank by taking l i t t l e d a m a g e

I got a B- Rank in "Stop the Hacking" by basically messing around.

Go fast but don't rush yourself. If you pressure yourself to get the "Perfect Run" you'll end up hurting your score by doing so.

EDIT: I forgot to mention I'm making a video series of no damage boss fights for the first MMZ game. Take a look if you want to see boss strats for them.
http://uk.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=KuruSeed

Every one of them except Phantom were fought with an A in my rank.
Kuru Seed
Kuru Seed

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down